Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Born Again EP - Newsboys (Preview & Quick Thoughts)

Newboys is streaming their new EP "Born Again EP" (only available at shows) on Facebook RIGHT NOW!
(click on the image to listen.)



Title:Born Again EP
Artist: Newsboys
Album Rating: 4 Stars

Track Listing:
1. Born Again
2. Light Up
3. I'll Be
4. One Shot
5. On Your Knees



Quick Thoughts...

Back in March of 2009 when Peter Furler announced he was leaving Newsboys, and Michael Tait would be replacing him, I really flipped! I can't believe it's been almost a year since Peter left. I LOVE Michael's voice, and he's a wonderful artist! But Peter Furler is and will ALWAYS be, one of my favorite male vocalists and songwriters. I miss him. Newsboys will never be the same without him. I hadn't been able to get use to the idea of Michael Tait taking over as lead vocalist, till now... Born Again is GREAT! It's no Newsboys. This is definitely different, in EVERY WAY. It's more like a fresh new Tait with the band members of Newsboys.

Born Again, Light Up, and One Shot are fun and upbeat. I'll Be and On Your Knees are nice, slower tunes with great messages! Born Again's chorus is really catchy, I've had it stuck in my head for days! One Shot is about speaking out and speaking up about God's love no matter what people think or say. I love the Twitter and Facebook references. I'll Be is a reminder that when everything in your life has fallen apart and everyone is gone, the Lord will ALWAYS be there. On Your Knees is definitely my favorite song and a great finish! It's a reminder that when you're broken and you've fallen and you've lost all hope, just get on your knees. Get on your knees. Because God is there to rescue you and pull you through.

Overall it's a very enjoyable EP. I've had the whole thing on repeat for days, I just can't stop listening to it. Michael Tait's vocals are better than ever! The NEW Newsboys have caught my attention and I'm actually looking forward to the full length album releasing later this year.

No comments: