Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Stephanie Meier Interview

This is an email interview I had with indie artist Stephanie Meier. Since the interview she and I have become good friends. She has been a huge encouragement to me and I am honored to be called her "friend."
The interview took place in OCtober 2008.




Hey Stephanie, thanx so much for taking the time to do this. :D

It's nice to meet you. I told one of my friend's about you and he said he really liked you and that you have a great voice. I also told people on http://www.newreleasetuesday.com/ about you.

Stephanie:
Hey! It’s nice to meet you too. Thanks for spreading the word and taking such an interest in my music.
God bless,
Stephanie :)


1. How did you come to be a singer/songwriter for the Lord?

Stephanie:
I’ve been involved with church music practically since I was born, but I had a very low-self esteem issue concerning my voice. When I was about 14 or 15 I started writing my own music and used it as an escape from some things that were going on in my life. It was at that time I found my love for singing, though being a naturally shy person I was too nervous to share it with anyone. Since then God has done a major work in my life and has taken me out of the box that I had put myself in.

2. What do you want people to get out of your music?

Stephanie:
I want people to feel the passion I have for God and to get excited about having an intimate relationship with Him. I also want people to see that God isn’t just some “guy in the sky” and for them to realize how REAL He is.

3. I really like your song "Lost in You" can you tell me how that song came to be?

Stephanie:
“Lost In You” had a very interesting writing process. It’s basically a song that I have been trying to write for the past year, but it was hard to put it into words. I spent a whole night trying to write it and it finally came at around 5 in the morning. The song basically describes my relationship with God at this exact moment and is very special to me for that reason.

4. Which one of your song's means the most to you?

Stephanie:
I would have to say that “My World” is probably one of the ones that means the most to me. When I wrote it, a couple months ago, I was going through a really confusing time in my life and I wanted to just give up. I knew that God would never leave me no matter what happened and that He was standing right there beside me through it all. So I guess that song is the very essence of what I was clinging to during that time.

5. If you could perform anywhere in the world where would it be?

Stephanie:
I really have a heart for missions, specifically South America. I would love to perform around there. But anywhere else God wants me to perform is also nice.

6. What's your favorite scripture?

Stephanie:
But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
-Isaiah 40:31-


7. So what plans do you have for the future?

Stephanie:
Definitely something involving music. God is also calling me to be an evangelist. Evangelism and music are my biggest passions and so I plan on combining the two of them in my ministry. I am about to start up a ministry and it’s going to be a sort of spontaneous street team that goes out and ministers to the people in town and wherever God leads us. I am really excited to see what else God has in store.

8. How do you pronounce your name?

Stephanie:
My first or last name? or both? lol...I'll put both just in case.
Stephanie = Steff-uh-knee
Meier = Rhymes with wire. haha.
Does that make any sense whatsoever?


Thank you so much for taking the time and God bless you and yours always.

You're very welcome! :)


If you'd like to find out more about Stephanie, please visit the link's below.

MySpace
MyCCM
ShoutLife

No comments: