Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Jeff Capps Interview

This is an email interview I had with indie artist Jeff Capps. The interview took place in November 2009.




Hey! I just want to say how much I love your music. I recently downloaded your new EP "Shine" and I just loved everything about it.

Jeff Capps:
Hello there. First of all thanks for your email with questions and I appreciate your time as a fan.

1. How did you come to be a singer/songwriter for the Lord?

Jeff Capps:
I sang before I knew the Lord but when I was changed by Him my songs begin to change into what they are today. I simply can not get over what he has done in my heart.

2. What do you want people to get out of your music?

Jeff Capps:
I want people to see that there is hope in all of this mess we find ourselves in and that there is grace greater than our sins.

3. Have you grown closer to God since you began your music career?

Jeff Capps:
Thats a great question ...I definitely think my music career has been an outlet to display to others what is going on inside of me. Hopefully I am honest enough that folks can see the good and the bad and know that God is constant when I am not.

4. "Merciful King" is probably my favorite song off the EP.Can you tell me how that song came to be?

Jeff Capps:
The song "Merciful King" was written by one of my very good friends Robbie Seay and I knew when I was writing to record this EP that I wanted to include this great anthem.

5. Which song on the EP means the most to you?

Jeff Capps:
"Anchor of My Heart" means alot to me because I wrote it on the spot in a service I was at and within 10 mins of writing it I was leading the whole congregation in singing what now is "Anchor of My Heart."

6. What is your favorite thing about performing live?

Jeff Capps:
Getting to interact with people from all over the country and seeing what gives them the joy daily.

7. If you could perform anywhere in the world where would it be?

Jeff Capps:
I would love to play in England and visit some of the great churches there.

8. What's your favorite scripture?

Jeff Capps:
I love the whole book of Ephesians.

9. Do you have any plans for your next album?

Jeff Capps:
Yes we are writing now and will be starting to record very soon to release a full record this summer.


Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions I know what a busy person you must be. Thanks again and God bless you and your family always. :D

I really appreciate you taking time to ask some questions. Blessings, Jeff Capps.


If you'd like to find out more about Jeff Capps, please visit:
Jeff Capps
MySpace
Facebook

If you'd like to download Jeff Capps' "Shine EP" click on the link below.
NoiseTrade

No comments: